Fish - 4, medium sized and cleaned
Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds - 1 tsp
Onions - 4, medium and chopped
Green Chillies - 3, chopped
Garlic Cloves - 6, crushed
Red Chilli Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Tamarind Extract - 25 gms
Curry Leaves - 20
Salt to taste
Tomatoes - 2, chopped
1. Heat the coconut oil in a kadai.
2. Add the mustard and fenugreek seeds.
4. Fry for a few seconds and then add the red chilli and turmeric powders.
5. Mix well for a minute.
6. Add the tamarind juice and let the mixture simmer for some time.
7. Add the fish, curry leaves, salt and tomatoes.
8. Cook covered for 10 minutes or till the fish is done.
9. Serve hot with rice.