It helps during cold and fever; it is also helpful for cough.
It seems very tasty in winters
1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
1 tsp Ginger Powder
5 leaves of Holy Basil (Tulsi) / 2 Tsp Dried Leaves
2 Cups Water
1 tsp Sugar / Honey - to taste
1/4 tsp of Clarified Butter (desi ghee)
3 - 4 Cardamom Pods
1 tsp Fennel Seeds
1. Remove the cardamom seeds from their husks, before roughly crushing the seeds along with the cloves. It's best to do this using a mortar and pestle
2. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the desi ghee (clarified butter).
3. Then put the cloves, black pepper powder, holy basil leaves, cardamom seeds and the fennel seeds.
4. Then put the cloves, black pepper powder, holy basil leaves, cardamom seeds and the fennel seeds.
5. As soon as they start smoking, add the water and bring to boil it for 3 – 4 minutes till to remains to 1 cup.
6. Sweeten to taste with honey / sugar
7. Remove from the heat
8. Serve it in a bowl and decorate it with Tulsi (Holy Basil) Leaves