Pepper Chicken / Lamb
1 cup whole chicken / lamb
3 small onions finely chopped
2 tomatoes finely chopped
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tsp fennel seeds powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp garam masala
2 tsp red chili powder
2 tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp turmeric powder
4-6 tsp freshly ground pepper powder
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
Salt to taste
· Clean the chicken and cut in small pieces. In a non-stick frying pan, heat the oil.
· Then add the mustard seeds and the fennel seeds powder.
· After they fry, add the ginger-garlic paste and allow it to fry on low heat.
· After the ginger-garlic paste fries well, add the onions and allow them to cook till they are golden brown in color.
· Then add the chicken/lamb pieces and mix well.
· Sprinkle the garam masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and the salt and allow them to cook for some time.
· Then add the cumin seeds, coriander powder and pepper powder, mix well and allow to cook some more.
· When the chicken / lamb is half cooked, add the coriander leaves and the tomatoes and mix well.
· Cover the pan and let the chicken cook well.
· Serve hot with chapati / naan or paratha.