Yummy Bhindi (Okra) Aloo Recipe
Bhindi - 500 grams (Chopped into 1/2 inch pieces)
Potato - 1 large (Cubed and boiled)
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Olive Oil - 2 to 3 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Cumin + Coriander Powder - 1 and 1/1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder - A pinch
Salt - as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
2. Add the mustard seeds and asafoetida powder.
3. Fry for about 20 seconds.
4. Add the chopped bhindis and potatoes and cook for about 5 - 7 minutes.
5. Add the turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
6. Reduce the flame to low.
7. Cook for another 10 - 12 minutes until the bhindis are lightly brown.
8. Add the chilli powder, and the cumin and coriander powder. Stir again.
9. Cook for another 3 - 4 minutes (or longer if you want them crispier).
10. Transfer to a serving plate and serve hot with naan.