Methi Aloo (Fenugreek Potato)
Fenugreek Leaves – 3 cups, chopped
Potatoes – 2 medium - Cut into small cubes
Tomato - 1 large, chopped
Onion - 1 large chopped
Green chillies - 2 to 3, Slit
Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
Cumin + Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
Red Chilly powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Fresh coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add cumin seeds & green chillies & sauté them.
2. Add potato cubes, some salt and turmeric powder and fry on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add onions and sauté till lightly browned.
4. Add tomatoes and cook till lightly browned.
5. Add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin + coriander powder, some salt and 1 tbsp coriander leaves.
6. Mix well and cook for 2 -3 minutes.
7. Add chopped fenugreek, stir fry for another 2-3 minutes more till well mixed. Add the prawns.
5. Cover and cook on low heat till potatoes and fenugreek leaves are done and curry is dry.
6. Serve hot.