Serves: 2 (Inspired from Masterchef)
Olive Oil: 2-3 tbsp
Braising Steak: 500 gms (cut into small pieces)
Onion: 1 large / Shallots: 5 to 6
Plain Flour: 1 tbsp
Beaujolais Red Wine: 150 ml (Or any other red wine)
Beef Stock: 150 ml
Button Mushrooms: 100 gms
Bay Leaf: 1 large
Dried Herbs De Provence: 1 tbsp
Salt to Taste
Freshly Ground Pepper
Parsley: 4 tbsp
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degree Celsius.
2. Add 2 - 3 spoons of olive oil. Fry the beef in small batches over high heat. Once they brown, transfer them to the casserole.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and fry the onions / shallots. Transfer them to the casserole as well.
4. Stir the flour into the remaining oil in the frying pan.
5. Pour the stock and the wine into the frying pan and bring it to boil. Stir it continuously until it gains a smooth consistency.
6. Add the mushrooms, bay leaf and dried herbs. Add the salt and pepper and season it as per your taste.
7. Pour the contents over the meat and onions / shallots in the casserole.
8. Cover and cook in the oven for about an hour or until the meat is very tender.
9. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.
Post a Comment