Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
Chicken Thighs - 4
Brown Dried Onions - 3 tbsp
Garlic & Ginger Paste - 2 tbsp
Chilli Paste - 1/2 tbsp
Sunflower Oil - As Required
Yogurt - 3 tbsp
Red Bell Pepper - 1, diced into very small pieces
Red Chilli Powder - 1 to 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander + Cumin Powder - 1 tbsp
Paprika - 2 tsp
Ground Cinnamon - 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves - Fresh, Chopped
Salt & Pepper - To Taste
1. Wash and clean the chicken thighs.
2. Mix the salt, pepper, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander & cumin powder along with the yogurt. Add the chilli paste and garlic & ginger paste. Marinate the chicken thighs for at least 2 to 3 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
4. Line the shallow baking pan with a silver foil and then brush some oil onto it.
5. Stir in the dried onions and the red pepper pieces.
6. Arrange the thighs on the pan, leaving an inch or more between pieces, to ensure that they cook well. Sprinkle the remaining marinate mix to the thighs and this reduces to a nice gravy.
7. Bake the chicken thighs for about 15 minutes, and then turn them and bake for another 15 minutes
8. The perfectly cooked chicken thighs should be well browned and crispy on the outside, and the juices should run clear.
9. Serve hot with salad or rice or roasted vegetables.