Spinach leaves - 250 grams, chopped
Sunflower Oil - 2 to 3 tbsp
Onion - 1, medium size, finely chopped
Garlic - 4 cloves, very thinly sliced
Ginger - 2 tbsp, very finely chopped
Potatoes - 3 to 4, chopped
Red Chilli - 2, deseeded & finely chopped
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Tomato - 1 large, finely chopped
Prawns - 300 gms (OPTIONAL)
Salt - As required
1. Heat the oil in a large pan.
2. Add the onion, garlic and ginger, and fry for about 3 mins and the onions turn brown.
3. Add in the tomato and let it cook for about 2 - 3 minutes.
4. Add the potatoes, chilli, all the spices and half a tsp salt and continue cooking and stirring for 5 mins more.
4. Add a splash of water, cover, and cook for 8-10 mins
5. Once the potatoes are ready, add the spinach and the prawns. Cover it with a lid.
6. Let the spinach leaves wilt into the pan for about 5 minutes
7. Take the lid off, add some water if required and let it cook for 5 minutes more.
8. Check that the leaves are cooked, and take it off the heat and serve with rotis / rice.