Mini Kebabs / Mini Beef Meatballs/ Mini Vegetable Balls
Makes about 25 mini Kebabs / Mini meatballs / Mini vegetable balls
Wholemeal slice bread - 1, torn
Onion - 1 small, peeled and finely chopped
Lemon Thyme Leaves - 1 tbsp, chopped
Lean Beef Mince - 400 gms (Optional)
2 carrots - Peeled & grated
Courgette - 1 small, grated
Butternut Squash - 40 gms, peeled and grated
Mushrooms - 40 gms, finely chopped
Olive Oil - As required
Green Chillies - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
Salt / Pepper - As per taste
Red Chilli Powder - 2 tbsp
Turmeric - 1 tbsp
Coriander Cumin Powder - 1.5 tbsp
Ginger + Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Parmesan - 40 gms, grated
Egg - 1 small, beaten
Soy Sauce - 1 tsp
Tomato - Ketchup
Plain Flour - As required
You can add / subtract ingredients as per taste / choice
1) Put the grated carrots, courgette and squash into a bowl and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
2) Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, except the flour and olive oil. Also add about 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
3) Mix them all well - you can also whiz all the ingredients into a food processor until finely chopped.
4) Using damp hands, shape the mixture into little balls. Put the flour onto a plate and coat the balls with the flour.
5) Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the balls and fry for about 15 minutes or until light brown. Turn them every now and then, so they color evenly.
6) Allow to cool a little and then serve it with ketchup.