Parval (Pointed Gourd) Stir Fry Sabji
Parval / Pointed Gourd - 250 gms, washed and chopped
Potato - 2, medium, sliced into long pieces
Onion - 1, large, thinly sliced
Green Chillies - 2-3, chopped
Garlic Pods - 4, choppedCumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Rapeseed Oil - 2 tbsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilli / Paprika Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander + Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
Hing / Asafoetida - A pinch
Salt - To Taste
1) Take a non stick wok, and once it's hot, add the oil in it.
2) Add in the cumin seeds and hing, and let is splutter.
3) Add in the onions, and cook them until they turn translucent. Remember to keep stirring at regular intervals.
4) Add the potatoes and cook them with a bit of salt on medium flame for 1-2 minutes. Stir again.
5) Add the parval (pointed gourd) into the wok, and cook them on a medium flame for about 4-5 minutes. Stir one more time.
6) Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, and coriander cumin powder along with the salt. Stir well.
7) Cover the wok with a lid and cook on a low flame for about 6-8 minutes or until cooked. Stir again.
8) Take the lid off and cook on a high flame for about 1-2 minutes while stirring, if you'd like your praval crispy.
9) Serve hot with naan or rotis.