Capsicum - 1, finely chopped
Green Peas - 1 cup
Tomato - 1 cup chopped
Salt - As per taste
Butter - 2 -3 tbsp
Red Chilli Paste - 2 tbsp (http://www.angiesyummyfood.com/2020/04/red-chilli-paste.html)
Cumin Seeds - 1 tbsp
Himg / Asafoetida Powder: 1 pinch
Chilli Powder / Paprika - 1 tsp
Pav Bhaji Powder - 2 tbsp
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Onions - 2, medium, finely chopped
Ginger - 1 inch, finely chopped
Garlic - 4 to 5 pods, chopped
Water - About 1.5 cups
Lemon Juice - From 1 lemon
Dry Fenugreek leaves / Kasoori Methi - 1 tbsp
Boiled Potato - 2 large, mashed
Oil - As required
Fresh Coriander - 2 tbsp
1) Take a heavy bottom pan / skillet. Add 1 tbsp oil once the pan is hot.
2) Add 1tsp cumin seeds and let them splutter. Add a pinch of hing / asafoetida. Fry for about 10 seconds
3) Add the finely chopped capsicum and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
4) Add the peas, chopped tomatoes and 1 tsp salt and mix well. Let it cook for about 7-8 minutes, stirring at intervals.
5) Add 1 tbsp butter and stir well.
6) Add 1 tbsp chilli paste, 1 tbsp Pav Bhaji masala powder, 1 tbsp dry fenugreek leaves and stir well.
7) Add the boiled, mashed potatoes into this mixture and mix really well.
8) Mash it all up with a food masher. Cook it for 7-8 minutes.
9) Keep it aside.
10) Take another non stick wok / skillet. Once hot, add 1 tbsp oil and 2 tbsp butter.
11) Add 1 tsp cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
12) Add the onions, and when they start turning translucent, add the chopped ginger and garlic. Cook until the oil starts to separate.
13) Add salt as per taste, paprika and 1 tbsp pav bhaji masala and mix it all well.
14) Add the prepared vegetables mixture and mix it well. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium flame.
15) Add 1.5 cups of water and mix well. Mash the mixture again with a food masher
16) Add the fresh coriander, and sprinkle the garam masala powder and mix well.
17) Cook for 1-2 minutes and serve hot with Pav / Bread.