One - Pot Beef Roast Indian Style
It's an absolutely delicious dish to warm your winters. It's so simple that it cooks in 1 pot.
Serving: 3 - 4 people
Silverside Beef Joint: 1 kg
Olive / Coconut Oil - 2 tbsp
Celery Sticks - 2, chopped into large chunks
Carrots - 3, chopped into large chunks
Onions - 2, peeled and chopped
Parsnips - 2, quartered lengthways
Garlic Cloves - 5, peeled and crushed
Ginger - 1 inch, chopped
Cumin Seeds - 1 tbsp
Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
Cinnamon Stick - 1 inch
Cardamoms - 5, green + 2 black
Red Wine - 350 ml
Beef Stock - 300 ml
Bay Leaves - 3 to 4
Dried Oregano - 1.5 tbsp
Paprika / Chilli Powder - 1tbsp
Turmeric - 1 tbsp
Coriander + Cumin Powder - 1 tbsp
Salt - As required
1) Preheat the oven to 180C / Fan 160C / Gas Mark 4.
2) Season the beef well with the powdered spices and salt and leave it aside for at least half an hour.
3) Heat oil in a frying pan, and brown the joint on all sides. Place it in a large pot.
4) Add some more oil to the frying pan. Once it's hot, add in the cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, cardamoms and the fennel; seeds. When they crackle, add the chopped ginger and garlic and cook it until the raw smell goes away.
5) Add the onions and cook them until they're golden.
6) Next add in all the chopped vegetables, and cook them until brown.
7) Now, arrange all the vegetables around the beef joint in the casserole pot.
8) Now add the red wine, the beef stock, bay leaves, salt and the dried oregano to the casserole dish and bring the mixture to a boil.
9) Cover it with a lid and cook in the pre - heated oven for about 2 hours. Make sure you turn the meat over after 1 hour.
10) Remove the bay leaves, serve the joint sliced with the vegetables. Serve with rice or mashed potato.
If you're short of time, you can also cook this in a pressure cooker with half a cup of water, for 4-5 whistles.
I appreciate you giving me such important details about. New Zealand beef exporters This article taught me some knowledge that was helpful. Make more posts similar to this.ReplyDelete