Ingredients: (For 4 loaves):
Water - 1.5 cup, lukewarm
Honey - 1 tbsp
Dry active Yeast - 1 tbsp
Olive Oil - 4 tbsp
All purpose Flour - 2.5 cup
Sea Salt - 1 tbsp
Oil - To grease the cast iron skillet
Fennel Seeds - 2 tsp (Optional) OR Thyme - 2/3 twigs (Optional)
1) Mix 1/2 cup water, honey and yeast in a glass bowl. Let it rest for 5 - 7 minutes. It should froth up. If it doesn't, it means the yeast is dead, and you will have to start over.
2) Add 1 cup water, flour, 1 tsp salt and oil to it.
3) Work the dough and mix it all well until it is smooth.
4) Cover the bowl with cling film and let it rise for about 1 hour. It should rise double in size.
5) Pre - heat the oven to 400 F.
6) Divide the dough into 4 parts, and place each of them in well - oiled skillet and top it with some oil.
7) Sprinkle some salt and top it with fennel seeds or thyme (optional).
8) Bake them for about 20 minutes until they turn golden brown.
9) Serve them directly from the skillet.